Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My Projects

I have been very very busy while on this break from school....getting engaged, the kids back to school, back to activities, and making improvements around the house. I started with our dining room chairs...which were in such bad shape Matt will not let me post before pics....so here are some after!
The material on the seat is actually a dark jean...which will be very easy to clean and hide stains!!!! Then I reworked a very comfortable dining bench that Matt's Mom gave us...the material originally on it was the exact same material that was on my Mom's couch when I was in high school...which was very early 90's. Here is the bench....sorry no before pics!!!! I forgot! I bought the jean material for the chairs on clearance for five dollars a yard...and when I decided to go back for the bench of course it was gone...I had to settle on a slightly different color, that was also on clearance. I changed the lettering a little....but I don't have a pic of that. Yes...soon my last name will be Clegg!
My last huge....project was a love seat that was really dirty and a little chewed from when Bella was a puppy. So I tackled it....and it was quite a job! But I did enjoy doing it. The blue material I got for 50% off at JoAnn's and I had left over material from the curtains for the pillows.

We also did the curtains(which I will post pics of later because I am missing one accessory), plus some for the kids room, Matt installed a closet organizer in the bedroom, a he bought a brand new light for the dining room to replace the 80's gold chandelier that was in there. I'm gonna miss being home......

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks great Shannon! Love the Clegg on the back of the bench! You seriously reupholstered that love seat? Insane.

    ReplyDelete